ScholarshipsESSSAT offers a limited number of scholarships to enable participation in ECST XV.
1. Reduced fee for StudentsStudents from European countries and/or studying at a European University recommended in writing (not via e-mail) by their professors pay 50% of the normal registration fee. The reduction is granted only after the recommendation is received by the Secretary. Students should register as a regular conference participant, and send only the recommendation (not the registration) to the Secretary.
2. Scholarships for Conference Participation
There are also scholarships available to cover registration fee and/or accommodation and/or travel expenses (occasionally). Applications will be considered from those submitting a paper and belonging to one of the following categories:
a) Students and non-established younger Scholars from all European countries;
b) Scholars and scientists from European countries where financial circumstances may inhibit participation.
Students and Scholars from outside Europe in similar circumstances may be considered but preference will be given to those studying or working in Europe.
The criteria used in selecting scholarship recipients are:
- Age, academic status and place of residence together with
- Active participation in the field of Science and Religion and/or
- Active participation in the Conference such as the submission of a paper and
- Financial Circumstances.
Applications should include:
- The applicant’s name and e-mail address
- An indication of what scholarship is applied for
- A short CV stating academic status, age, residence and involvement in the field of Science and Religion
- The provisional title of the submitted outline of a paper
- A short statement of reasons connected to financial circumstances
Applications should be sent to the Secretary of ESSSAT no later than October 31st 2013. Applicants will be informed on the evaluation of the application in December 2011.
Lotta Knutsson Bråkenhielm
The Theological Faculty, Uppsala University
751 20 UPPSALA